The PGA Junior Golf League at White Horse Golf Club
The PGA Junior Golf League is available for all youth between the ages of 8 and 15 years old. No experience is necessary. We encourage beginning golfers as well as more advanced junior golfers to participate in an organized league for 6 weeks. League participation will include practice, competition, team uniform, fun and new friends.
$180 per golfer includes the cost for all matches, practice, uniform and all practice sessions.
All golfers will get the opportunity to play three flags during a match. To learn more about how the league works watch these videos explaining some of the program.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_video link=”https://vimeo.com/121157644″][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_video link=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIPNfE7Ge5Y”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]
More league information is available at this website (http://pgajrleague.com/).
Parental involvement for coaching is encouraged and needed.
- April 1st – Registration Begins
This will be the first day that parents can sign up their children for the Junior Golf League if they wish to participate.
- April 28th – Practice and team selection – 2:30pm – 3:30pm
All golfers are required to participate on this day. Coaches will spend about 30 minutes evaluating full shots, short game, and putting for every participant and the final 30 minutes will be to announce the team selections.Coaches will select 8-10 team members based upon various skill levels and based on how many kids turn out for tryouts. (Minimum requirements are to have three (3) teams with at least eight golfers on each team. Your child may or may not be paired with his/her closest friends. The goal is to have some younger golfers with more experienced golfers on each team.
Once teams are decided, they will select the name of their team and the Coach will schedule future practice sessions. White Horse is providing free hot dogs, beverages, and chips for all participants during the evaluation process.
- April 28th – Try Outs/Team Selection 2:30pm – 3:30pm
- May 5th – Match (Saturday) 4:00pm Shotgun Start (6 holes)
- May 12th – Match (Saturday) 4:00pm Shotgun Start (6 holes)
- May 19th – Match (Saturday) 4:00pm Shotgun Start (6 holes)
- June 2nd – Match (Saturday) 4:00pm Shotgun Start (6 holes)
- June 16th – Match (Saturday) All Star Team 4:00pm Shotgun Start (6 holes) At Meadowmeer GC
- June 23rd – Match (Saturday) All Star Team 4:00pm Shotgun Start (6 holes) At White Horse GC
Contact our Golf Shop at 360.297.4468 to register for the program
DEADLINE FOR REGISTRATION IS April 28th at 2:30PM.